Wednesday, July 18

I'm ok but I did something yesterday which may cost me my freedom for at least 72 hours after I visit the T tomorrow. Nothing life threatening mind you.

But i am wrestling with how to deal with this with him.

  • I could lie.
  • i could be honest and try to use this is a way to become more insightful into my issues because i think it points to many deep seated issues at their worst.
  • i could simply refuse to discuss it but sign a letter saying i recognize that my behavior is troublesome but not life threatening (nor was it intended to be) and does not point to a need to be protected from myself.
  • i could simply cancel the appointment, or
  • i could take measures to hide it.

the problem is that while many of the options will deal with preventing any immediate unnecessary ramifications from my actions, they may also prevent me from taking the next (and possibly necessary) step to dealing with my demons.

2 comments:

Polar Bear said...

I think option 2 is a good one. Be honest and show you are insightful, and I can almost guarantee you will not be "held" for 72 hours.

Marie said...

not knowing what happened it is hard to off an opinion----but----if it were me, keeping in mind my deep rooted fear of anything hospital much less under force, i still agree with PB--if there is any chance for you to make that step that may give you even an ounce of freedom from some of your demons than it's being honest with him--even IF you lose 72 hours of your life you may be gaining more of a life.

lyns
marie