Sunday, January 24

cathartic release 25 years later

My grandfather was my favorite man in the world. No one told me he was dying. Actually no one told me he was dead either -- i just showed up at the Church Monday morning and there was a casket being pulled out of a hearse.

That was the defining moment I think--when it all began to go downhill. I don't remember ever crying.  I remember going thru the motions of grief. But I don't think I ever grieved.

I have an older couple who live down the street; they remind me of who my grandparents would have been if they had remained happily married. The husband died yesterday and when his wife told me tonight, I burst out crying.

I knew I was grieving for Mr. A and m pop-pop and it was like a rock that had been lodged in my heart was finally removed.

1 comment:

Miss Defective said...

I'm glad you've finally had the chance to grieve. I hope it lightens your load.