Wednesday, April 11

I AM AN IDIOT MAGNET

present company excluded (unless you are the idiot sending me the emails or the idiot who allows that idiot to send me your resume.

It seems that now i even manage to find idiots via email. Some guy keeps sending me a resume as a CC despite the fact that I have replied and said "i'm not the person you seek; please check the email address. SO this morning I got like 6 emails from him. I returned each one to him with this message:

"For the love of all things holy. how many times do i have to tell you you have the email address incorrect? I do not know you and do not care that you or ----- needs a job. The next step is I will start returning the emails to you and the employers you are soliciting telling them you are a boob who is incapable of even sending an email to the correct address so you or your friend should not be hired."

I ahve come to this after replying to him to point out the mistake, ignoring the emails, and bouncing the emails back to him so that it appears the email address is dead. I mean who keeps sending emails to an account that says "permenant fatal errors?" what part of forever dead does this boob not get?

And to boot--it's the worse fucking resume I have EVER seen in my life. I can't believe the person actually claims toi have design skills. But I guess maybe things are different in Australia. Any Australians out there reading this? Is this how it's done?



I mean really. it doesn't line up. It's 2 pages even thoguht the font is 9 point. The indentation is random. There are different line spacing in different sections for no apparent reason. There is inconsistent punctuation.

I am going to assume the other things are simply cultural differnces or differnces between australian english and US english. But are your references referred to as referees? Are ;'s used where we use : ?

1 comment:

Polar Bear said...

What a nutter. And yes, what a TERRIBLE resume!!

I'm not Aussie, but close enough, in NZ. No, I think the use of ";" is inappropriate. It should be ":"

But yes, "referees" are used rather than "references".

Still, it is a terrible terrible resume. Whoever hires this nut must be nuttier than a fruitcake.