Sunday, September 21

I'm scared. I don't know what to do. How much worse does it have to get?


I went in to the dr's deadset against another SSRI or SNRI. I don't see how successful one of the group is going to be when the others caused such horrible fatigue. but i left with a month's worth of cymbalta samples.

I doubt I will take them. or maybe I will just to be able to say "I told you so"

Mom gave me the crappy "you have to have faith" argument. I told her if faith was the answer then why doesn't she have faith that everything will be ok and get on a train or conquer one of her fears with it? She was so silent i thought the phone had gone dead.

from my standpoint the only choices seem to be ECT or a maoi. i'm leaning towards the maoi because one good extra large pepperoni pizza could put me out of my misery.

is there any correlation between success of ECT and success of a VNS?

1 comment:

Miss Defective said...

As you know, I've been there, done that....the various meds, the ECT, the VNS. I must say I did have the most success with the MAOI, but it didn't last, which really sucked. I'd have to read back thru my blog to see how long it did work, but I know I felt amazing when I left the hospital after starting it. Plus the one my pdoc put me on was mild & so I didn't have to alter my diet. I ate plenty of pizza and it had no negative effect.

There's always this new deep brain stimulation they're trying on people willing to be guinea pigs. It's more invasive than the VNS cuz they wire directly into your brain and they have to wake you up during the surgery to put the wires in your head...but from what I've read, it has been quite helpful for some people.