Wednesday, November 9

still at it

I'm trying to not let the obsessive nature I can display interfere with the cleaning. It's hard to explain because it would seem like that would be a good thing but today when I was supposed to be showering to get to work, I was de-cluttering the bathroom. I could not stop myself.

Luckily I can work from home so I have been working in spurts and cleaning in spurts. It is nice because i don't feel so depressed about being at home. The problem is as I get more avoidant, will I just stay home instead of going out? It will be nice because I won't have to be mortified if someone stops by. I guess I'll just deal with that if/when it happens. I have enough to deal with now.

So the shower is getting cleaned and the shower curtain and liner are in the washing machine. The dishwasher is going when the washer is not. I might even take a break and go up to the mega machines in my complex and wash some sheets and blankets.

The office is going to be the harder part but I'll reserve that for last and for when Mom comes. I can lock myself in that room to avoid her under the guise of cleaning and perhaps it will lessen the inevitable annoyance that descends on me when I spend more than 48 hours with her.

The good thing is mom has promised to buy me some new furniture/house stuff as a "reward." I'm hoping for a new mattress & box spring, some lamps and the (ok I got distracted from this about 45 minutes ago and now I don't know what else I was going to type.)

No comments: