All the way to work i was in tears screaming, "why is this happening to me? I took the damn pills..." and then that oh shit moment.
I have been so tired and so late as of late that I am pretty sure I may have missed a few doses. So I cried some more wondering how long I would have to stick this out before a little relief comes my way. (FYI it's 24 hours; meds have always titrated into my system quick, but titrated out just as quick too).
So I was thinking why couldn't someone modify a glucose pump to deliver psych meds (i'm sure they could create liquid versions) in controlled doses throughout the day. I'd bet med compliance would skyrocket as you only have to remember to fill the damn thing and you could set it to have an alarm (audible or vibrate that won't stop until you refill it; but it should have a snooze that goes off every hour to remind you until you actually refill). Or maybe they can make it so you see a psych dr every week and he refills it (or a T)
I'd tolerate a port in my stomach for that. really i would.
4 comments:
sorry i have been mia--thanx for the email--i just may post some of it--not all because of the drama--i hope that is still okay
i love your invention and wish you were doing better--try to hang in there--keep treading--the three of us will do it together
lyns
marie
Have you tried those depo injections? There are certain drugs which could be injected once every 3-4 weeks - it works by releasing the drug into your system over time (slow release). And your key worker/nurse would visit you once every 3-4 weeks when you need the shot.
Sorry, sansanity. You're right, I'm definately not American. I guess I'm really lucky to live where I do where the mental health support has been really good.
Sans, I can relate here-whenever I miss a dose or two of meds it can get pretty scary. Hang in there kiddo.
Post a Comment